- Registered Architect, State of New York
- M.Arch, Yale University
- B.Arch, The Pennsylvania State University
Christopher is founding partner of PORT, overseeing all of the office’s urban design and planning work. Prior to establishing the practice, he was a senior associate at James Corner Field Operations (JCFO) in New York City where he led that office’s master planning and urban design projects.
Christopher is also an Associate Professor of Landscape Architecture and Urban Design at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. His design work and research have been widely published in academic, professional and mainstream media platforms. His work has been recognized by the Van Alen Institute, Bauhaus Dessau Foundation, Graham Foundation, Skidmore Owings and Merrill Foundation, American Institute of Architects, Chicago Architecture Club, Chicago Ideas Week and, most recently, the American Academy in Rome, which awarded him the 2015 Rome Prize in Landscape Architecture.
In addition to the work of PORT shown herein, Mr. Marcinkoski’s design and planning portfolio while at JCFO included the winning competition entry and framework plan for the 18 square kilometer Qian Hai Water City district of Shenzhen, China; Brookfield Properties proposal for the West Side Rail Yards Master Plan which included the design of 14 acres of public open space at the edge of Manhattan overlooking the Hudson River; the planning study of a 200-acre mixed use development including 120 acres of public open space in Stockholm, Sweden; the winning competition entry, master plan and public approval for the transformation of a 4,500-acre former penal farm into one of the world’s largest urban parks in Memphis, Tennessee; the planning and design for the redevelopment of a 1.25 mile stretch of arterial roadway in the London Borough of Croydon; and framework planning work on the 2,000-acre San Juan Knowledge Corridor, which includes the master planning and phase one design of an 85-acre Science City district at the heart of San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Christopher holds a B.Arch from The Pennsylvania State University where he was awarded the faculty prize for undergraduate thesis, and an M.Arch from the Yale University School of Architecture where he was awarded the H.I. Feldman Prize for design excellence and the Christopher Tunnard Fellowship for excellence in urban planning. He was editor of Perspecta 38 | Architecture After All (MIT Press, 2006), and is author of The City That Never Was (Princeton Architectural Press, 2015).
Full Project List:
- Archeworks Wasted Market, Chicago, IL
- The Big Shift, Chicago Architecture Biennial, Chicago, IL
- Main Avenue Bridge Underpass, Cleveland, Ohio
- Dorchester Arts District, Chicago, Illinois
- The Thick City Pavilion, Chicago, Illinois
- Goose Island Vision, Chicago, Illinois
- Rio Grande Valley Colonias, Brownsville/McAllen, Texas
- City Deck at City-County Building, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Millennium Reserve / Calumet Regional Study, Chicago, Illinois
- City Loop – Re-Imagine Play at City Park, Denver, Colorado
- LA River Greenway 2020, Los Angeles, California
- Agua Alta – Parque La Carlota, Caracas, Venezuela
- The Pierscape at Navy Pier, Chicago, Illinois
- Helsinki South Harbour, Helsinki, Finland
- National GRID / National HEDGE, United Kingdom
- I Love GLC – Great Lakes City, Great Lakes Region, North America
- *Qian Hai Water City,” Shenzhen, P.R.C.
- Lambeau Field Titletown District,Green Bay, Wisconsin
- *Cleveland Public Square,” Cleveland, Ohio
- Carbon T.A.P//Tunnel Algae Park,New York, NY and various
- *Wellesley Road Corridor,” London Borough of Croydon
- *Nya Arstafeltet - New Arst Field Development,Stockholm, Sweden
- *West Side Rail Yards,” New York, New York
- *Shelby Farms Park,” Memphis, TN. 2007-2008
- *San Juan Knowledge Corridor,” San Juan, PR.
- Gateway National Park,” New York, NY.
- *Cruise Terminal / Mixed-Use Development,” Baltimore, MD.
- Urban Voids Ideas Competition, Philadelphia, PA.
- *University of Puerto Rico – Rio Piedras,” San Juan, PR.
- **Orville L. Freeman State Office Building,” St. Paul, MN.
- ***Mansion House Inn,” Vineyard Haven, MA.
- ***Valleau House,” Truro, MA.
*James Corner Field Operations
***Prellwitz Chilinski Associates