- Registered Landscape Architect, State of Pennsylvania
- M.Arch, University of Pennsylvania
- M.LA., University of Pennsylvania
- B.Arts, Fordham University
Megan is a licensed landscape architect and urban designer, currently leading the design of PORT’s Quarry Lake project in Knoxville. She joined PORT as a full partner in summer 2016 after eight years at James Corner Field Operations (JCFO) in New York City, most recently in the role of Associate. While at JCFO, Megan was the project manager and lead designer for the regeneration of Nicollet Mall, a 12-block commercial and pedestrian corridor in downtown Minneapolis; lead designer for the second phase of Section 3 of New York’s High Line park; lead designer for the Seattle Central Waterfront Master Plan; lead designer for the Earl’s Court redevelopment in London; project manager and lead designer for a private residence in downtown Manhattan; project designer on the Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront in Hong Kong; and project designer for Shelby Farms Park in Memphis, Tennessee.
Megan holds masters degrees in both Landscape Architecture (MLA) and architecture (M.Arch) from the University of Pennsylvania where she was awarded the Ian McHarg Prize for Excellence in Ecological Design (First in Class), an American Society of Landscape Architects Certificate of Honor, and the Kohn Pederson Fox Traveling Fellowship. She also holds a BA in Dance and Political Science from Fordham University in conjunction with the Alvin Ailey American Dance Center in New York, NY.
Megan is currently a Lecturer in the Department of Landscape Architecture at the University of Pennsylvania School of Design. Previously, she was a Lecturer at the Yale School of Architecture, where she taught graduate design studios in architecture and urban design. Megan is co-editor of Via: DIRT (MIT Press, 2012), a book that critically explores landscape’s role in contemporary design practice.
Full Project List:
- Fort Dickerson Quarry Lake, Knoxville, TN
- *Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN
- *High Line Section 3, New York, NY
- *Central Waterfront, Seattle, WA
- *Earls Court, London
- *Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront, Hong Kong
- *Cleveland Public Square, Cleveland, OH
- *Shelby Farms Park, Memphis, TN
- *Private Residence, New York, NY
- *First Prize, Presidio Parklands Competition, San Francisco, CA
- *First Prize, Nicollet Mall Competition, Minneapolis, MN
- *First Prize, Navy Pier Pierscape Competition, Chicago, IL
- *First Prize, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park Competition, London